Thursday, October 14, 2010

Yaks

Yesterday, I was browsing on Ravelry and I accidental clicked instead of scrolled. But I came across this yarn company. Yak yarn? I never knew. But it looks absolutely gorgeous.

So that brought me to reading about yaks. Milk, meat, and fiber. Hmmm. . . I think I want a couple.



Picture Source: kenner116
and Animal Photos!

Okay granted they are not the best animal to look at but it would be interesting to raise.

But that also brought me to this cutie:



Picture Source: foxypar4
and Animal Photos!

A highland cow. I wouldn't mind a couple of these either.

Now please keep in mind I live in a apartment, in a suburb. I've never raised cattle. But needless to say I told my hubby when he called me on lunch that I wanted a yak. Here is how the conversation went.

Me: I want a yak.
Hubby: A what?
Me: A yak.
Hubby: Well I suppose I could yack in a bag for you.
Me: No, not that kind of yack. The kind with meat, milk and yarn.
Hubby: Sometimes, I wished you would look at expensive jewelry and clothes. At least then I could pretend to try to get it for you.

Yup, that's my hunny. Giving me everything I want and then some that I don't.

You see I get these weird ideas in my head. Like I want to own a farm and raise animals. Mostly to get fiber from. And well since we like meat in this household, the meat wouldn't be bad either. But really what would I do with a real live working farm. I've never raised animals and neither has my husband. I have no idea what I would be doing. Then do they have company/people that buy the animal hair/fur/fiber whatever you want call it?

Am I the only one out there that has brief ideas like these?

No comments:

Post a Comment