Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Wilder Life review



The Wilder Life by Wendy McClure

Synopsis: Author goes back and re-reads the  Little House series of books that she loved as a child. And the book follows her obsession following this.

Review: I had heard lots of good things about this book and had been really excited to read. To be honest I did not finish this book. It was a short check out from the library and I just couldn't get into it that much that I wanted to put myself back on the waiting list for it. 

Growing up I was a huge Laura fan. And I still am. I have often thought of going to some of the "Laura sights" like Wendy does in her search. Wendy seemed like she was lost and looking for something.After reading 2/3 of it I still wasn't sure what she was searching for and I'm not to sure she was either. I couldn't relate to how she was telling this story. The journey she took both in the travel and research has so much potential, but it just falls short.


2 of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment