Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Goals for 2011

. . . crafting goals that is. I have three goals this year that I really want to try and meet.

I want to finish this:


This quilt is at this same point in doneness. And well this picture was taken in July of '09. My plan is to undo the hand stitching and re-baste, then machine quilting with some simple in the ditch sewing.

I also want to finish this:

This is Squirm's Sweet Pea baby quilt. She's 1 1/2. I know better get busy.

And I also want to finish making my hst blocks from some vintage sheets and a Ikea sheet, so I can turn them into a zig zag quilt.

I'm really good at starting projects but not so much on the finishing part. So my goal is to at least finish these three. I've got lots sitting on my crafting shelves and in my idea book, that I want to make. But I would like to see some finish projects as well.

Here's a small (okay part of my list) of things I want to make this year (okay I realize that some of these are actually on the hunny do list, but someone has to make that list right?):
  • Hour glass quilt (like this one) -- I already have some Little Folks fabric set aside for this
  • Christmas stockings -- I adore these
  • a Hex afghan (this one from Attic24) -- I've got yarn all picked out for this just have to buy it.
  • This quilt in that fabric too -- anybody know if there's a pattern out there for this? Otherwise I'll have to figure something similar out myself. But as a treat to myself I plan on buying a layer cake of the fabric.
  • a bed for the Monkey
  • a bed for the Boy/grown up playroom (and well that not as bad as it sound, it's the office/craft/game room)
  • two down and dirty dressers for the girl's room -- this one will call for a little modification
And well that just the start of what I wish I could make. I just wish I could find more time to work on things. But by the time I get home from work and do the whirl wind of activity that comes from being a mom/wife, I just don't feel like doing much of anything. Oh well here's hoping for some more energy at night to get at least one project done this year.

Do you have any goals or projects that you want to make or finish this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment