Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Books of 2010

Happy New Year!!

Well I hope that everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday season. Ours were good. I did wish for more quite time, but I'm still glad I got to see all of my family.

I was on my goodreads account. And can you believe it. I read 50 book last year. 50!! That's two books short of a book a week. So I figured I give you a list of the best and worst that I read.

Well lets start with the worst (in no order):



The Maze of Bones (39 Clues, #1)

The Maze of Bones (39 Clues #1) by Rick Riordan --
I found that this book was lacking something. I love the idea of the story but even for a kids book it was just fell short.

In a Far Country: The True Story of a Mission, a Marriage, a Murder,and the Remarkable Reindeer Rescue of 1898

In a Far Country by John Taliaferro --
I thought this non-fiction work would be more exiting and and contain more adventure then it did. It ended up being a very slow account of what happened on an Alaskan mission trip.

The Gunslinger: Revised and Expanded (The Dark Tower, #1)
The Gunslinger by Stephen King --
I found this book to by very dry reading. And well it just reminded me why I don't read Stephen King.

Okay now for some of my more favorite reads:

Giants in the Earth: A Saga of the Prairie (Perennial Classics)
Giants in the Earth by Ole Edvart Rolvaag --
I loved this book. It was long and a little slow on the reading. But I found it to be a grown up version of Little House on the Prairie or Meet Kirsten from the American Girl collection.

Well okay coming up with the favorites is a little harder but here's the list of runner ups:
Garden Spells

The Ghost King (Forgotten Realms: Transitions, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #19)

Captive Queen: A Novel of Eleanor of Aquitaine










No comments:

Post a Comment