Saturday, September 24, 2011

Not just reading

I know, three book reviews in a row. And well if you think all I've been doing is reading, well it's partial true. But I have been doing other things too.

There has been a lot of  TV/disc watching going on too. The Hubby and I have been catching up on episodes of Fringe. We re watched parts of season 2 that we missed and on are on to season 3. I've also been watching last winter's Downton Abbey that aired on Masterpiece Theater, which I believe will be season 1. I've heard that season 2 is airing on the BBC. Other than that it's been catching some new shows that are starting this fall and the season premiers.

But while we've been watching these I've been knitting. It's slow going, as I get distracted by what I'm watching quite easily. Mostly I've been working on these socks:


Pattern: Hermione's Everyday socks. Which I'm loving because it's simple to remember and pick up but yet not just st st. Yarn is Knit One Crochet Too Ty-Dy sock. Which was in my stash. I had originally picked it up for a dropped stitch scarf, but it didn't look right.


I've also been work on this sweater. Not much to show. But I love how the pattern is written. No more sticky notes falling off and getting lost.

This has been lingering on my sewing table for months now. But have finally started to sew the blocks together.

And finally my other knitting project that you won't hear about often:


I started this crazy afghan. I'm just using scrap sock yarn (fingering weight). Needless to say I don't have a whole lot of scrap yarn right now. So it's already on hold until I can add a couple new colors to the jar. This one is going to years, to get done but I'm okay with that. But if you have any scrap fingering weight yarn that you'd be willing to part with or know someone who does send them my way.

Well I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I off to get ready to go out with my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment