Friday, July 4, 2014

Friday's WIPs

Happy 4th of July!

Any fun plans for the weekend? For us it's just going down to the local carny this evening, letting the kids go on some rides, and eat some food and watch some fireworks. Squirm has been asking about this since around Christmas. She doesn't quit understand that they are not there all year long.

As I alluded to last time. I have a current knitting project that I'm working on. (See I'm not just buying yarn)

On one of the days that I was checking out new blogs I came across the cowl that looked amazing and used a new to me technique.


The pattern that I am using is Shady Cove Cape-Cowl by Wendy Bernard of Knit and Tonic. I'm making a couple of adjustment to the pattern So that I can continually use the same yarn without cutting. I am making this for Monkey so it will fit more as a poncho. 

Even though this is a new technique to me I'm not having too many problems other than a dropped stitch here and there that I had to rip back to. The only worry I have is that it won't use enough yarn to get to the pink color. Because you know that is the reason Money picked this color-way was because it was bright and had PINK. Even though it wasn't the color choice she picked on-line from the KnitWhits site, that had been Ice Queen. And well most of us with kids in the age group know why she would picked that one. For those who don't I'll give you a little hint, it has to do with a very popular Disney movie. 

Well I hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment