Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I Think I have a Problem

Good morning all. Today is the first day of my five day weekend. Even though there is nothing major planned. I'm hoping to enjoying it as much as possible with much relaxing and putzing.

Now on to my problem. It's been ever so slow at work, so I've spent more time then I should on the internet. That has meant finding new to me blogs to read, as well as lots of time on Ravelry. That much time on Ravelry  means finding yarn for patterns or patterns for yarn. It has then trickled down to me buying lots of yarn in a short amount of time. But oh it's very lovely yarn as you will see.

The first purchase was the yarn I pictured early this week:


This lovely yarn is KnitWhits Freia Handpaints Ombre Lace in melon. It runs from neon green to yellow to orange to neon pink. It wasn't my choice of yarn but Monkey picked this color way out for something I'm making her. More on that another day. But I'm loving the change of colors from my normal.


While at that store I found some Three Irish Girls Glenhaven Cashmerino Fingering in Leather Bound Books. Which unfortunately is a color specific to the store I was at. The colors of this yarn are more true in the middle picture of my header. But the yarn is very soft and has nice rich colors. I paired it with the KnitPicks yarn in platinum. In hopes of making a Mormorio shawl  with it. 


This is three skeins of Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage in Cherry. Again, a child picked yarn that is not something I would normally pick out but lovely none the less.They will eventually become a sweater for Squirm, most likely a Tiny Tea Leaves Sweater

The next three were splurge  purchases. I have some general ideas about what I would like to use them for but will have to wait and see when I get that far. As I'm sure something else will jump up in the I want to do work on list.


Four skeins of Malabrigo Arroyo in #133 Reflecting Pool. I'm thinking a sweater for myself with this.



This is a total of 320 yard of Dream in Color Perfectly Posh Sport. It was as January 2014 club. This bigger part has 225 yards of copper and teal. The smaller one is 95 yards of teal. I thinking of a smaller shawl for this pair.



And last but not least one skein of Anzula Cloud in herd. This is OMG soft. The lady at the yarn store pointed out a shawl pattern that would use the one skein of this. And said she had seen it and thought it was amazing. So I might give that a try.

As you can see this could be the beginning of a problems since all of these yarns were purchased in the month of June. 



No comments:

Post a Comment