So here was my meal plan for last week:
- pork roast
- Shepard's pie (tell you in a little bit how I make my Shepard's pie)
- ham and bean salad - got this out of an old Real Simple magazine. We did not like it. I thought the taste was okay but nobody else did. I thought the chick pea's were too hard.
- split pea soup
- breakfast burritos
- out to eat on Thursday (we had conferences at school)
So my Shepard's Pie recipe isnt' really a recipe at all just a keep how to that seems to always produce excellent results.
- take the leftover roast and cut into bit size pieces
- mix in left over gravy and place into a casserole dish.
- top with veggies (leftover or frozen)
- top with leftover mashed potatoes
- And then finally top with some cheese.
- bake until heated through.