Monday, October 17, 2011

Meal Monday

So did everyone have a good weekend? Make anything tasty?

So here was my meal plan for last week:
  • pork roast
  • Shepard's pie (tell you in a little bit how I make my Shepard's pie)
  • ham and bean salad - got this out of an old Real Simple magazine. We did not like it. I thought the taste was okay but nobody else did. I thought the chick pea's were too hard.
  • split pea soup
  • breakfast burritos
  • out to eat on Thursday (we had conferences at school)
 Shepard's Pie
 
So my Shepard's Pie recipe isnt' really a recipe at all just a keep how to that seems to always produce excellent results.

  1. take the leftover roast and cut into bit size pieces
  2. mix in left over gravy and place into a casserole dish.
  3. top with veggies (leftover or frozen)
  4. top with leftover mashed potatoes
  5. And then finally top with some cheese.
  6. bake until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment